Paso Robles, California – A woman was killed in a two-vehicle accident that happed on Thursday afternoon at the intersection in Paso Robles.
The Paso Robles Police Department said the accident happened at around 2:50 p.m. April 30, at the intersection of Niblick Street and Spring Street.
The manner in which the accident happened was not immediately established.
A female driver of one of the cars was trapped inside the vehicle and had to be extricated by officers from the Paso Robles Emergency Services.
The woman was later rushed to Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center, where she died while undergoing treatment.
The woman sadly succumbed to her injuries shortly after arrival in the hospital. Her name was not immediately released.
The driver of the second vehicle suffered unspecified injuries and is expected to survive.
The accident remains under investigation.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in the accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.