Cajon Pass, California – A 16-year-old girl was hospitalized following a traffic accident that happened last week Thursday, April 17, in Cajon Pass, the California Highway Patrol reported.
The accident happened at about 5:15 a.m. in the northbound lanes of Interstate 15 Freeway, just south of Oak Hill Road.
Daniel Joseph Castellaw, 18, of Apple Valley, was driving a red 2017 Ford Mustang while at the same time, Christian Jose Martinez, 25, of Moreno Valley was driving a gray 2014 Toyota Prius.
Martinez reportedly rear-ended the Prius for unknown reasons, causing both vehicles to overturn.
Castellaw and her two 16-year-old female passengers suffered serious injuries in the accident.
One of the girls was airlifted to a hospital and put under intensive care.
Martinez was taken to a local hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
No additional information about the accident was provided.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
Anyone with information about the collision is asked to contact Officer C. Dane at the San Bernardino CHP Office at (909) 383-4247.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in the accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.