Maricopa, California – A motorcyclist who sustained serious injuries in a traffic collision on Saturday night in Maricopa, has been identified as 24-year-old 24 Dylan Orsburn.
The California Highway Patrol said the accident happened at around 8:18 p.m. March 21, on Highway 33, just north of Kerto Road.
Orsburn was riding his motorcycle southbound on Highway 33 when for unknown reasons, he drifted across the double yellow lines and crashed into an oncoming Dodge Ram pickup truck.
Orsburn suffered major injuries in the accident and was airlifted to Kern Medical Center for treatment.
74-year-old William Blize, who was driving the pickup truck, was unhurt.
No additional information was provided.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in the accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.