Fairfield, California – Three men who were killed in a helicopter crash on Tuesday afternoon in Fairfield near Vacaville have been identified.
The deadly crash happened at around 1:27 p.m. June 2, near Lyon and Soda Springs roads off I-80.
The three men died after their helicopter made contact with a 115,000-volt PG&E power line and burst into flames.
The Solano County Coroner’s officers identified the victims as 29-year-old Travis Shull of Chico, 38-year-old Roscoe Gray of Sonora, and 41-year-old Jimmy Wasdin.
As per a local news report, the three were in a contractor’s helicopter and working for PG&E when the crash occurred.
The crash led to a power outage for over 38,000 PG&E customers for several hours.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in the accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.