Apple Valley, California – A 55-year-old male bicyclist was airlifted to the hospital after colliding with a pickup truck on Tuesday afternoon in Apple Valley.
The accident was reported at around 12:19 p.m. April 14, at the intersection of Corwin and Central roads.
According to the California Highway Patrol, the man was riding a bicycle westbound on Corwin Road while at the same time, a 67-year-old was driving a 2019 white Toyota Tacoma pickup truck heading north on Central Road.
The bicyclist entered the intersection and was hit by the truck.
Emergency crews responded to the incident and found the bicyclist down on the roadway with major injuries.
The Apple Valley Fire Protection District firefighters requested a helicopter to airlift the injured bicyclist to the Arrowhead Regional Medical Center.
No other injuries were reported in the accident.
The crash remains under investigation.
Anyone with information about the accident is asked to contact the Victorville CHP Office at 760-241-1186.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in the accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.