Norco, California – The authorities are investigating a motorcycle accident that left the rider seriously injured on Thursday morning in Norco.
The police said the accident happened at about 10:13 a.m. June 18, at the intersection of Hamner Avenue and 3rd Street.
A man was riding his motorcycle northbound on Hamner Avenue approaching 3rd Street when, for unknown reasons, he crashed into the rear of a small pick-up truck.
The impact of the collision caused the pick-up to drift into the southbound lanes, where it collided with a second vehicle.
The motorcyclist suffered serious injuries and was taken to an area hospital for treatment.
Both drivers remained at the scene and cooperated with the authorities.
Additional information about the accident was not immediately available.
The accident remains under investigation.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in the accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.