Modesto, California – 56-year-old Patricia Verducci suffered major injuries in a multi-vehicle crash that left another person dead on Wednesday evening in Modesto, Stanislaus County.
The fatal accident was reported at about 6:30 p.m. June 10, on West Main Avenue, just east of South Carpenter Road between Patterson and Turlock.
As per a local news report, a 2014 Buick was traveling westbound on West Main Avenue when the driver allowed it to drift into the eastbound lanes where it collided with a 2006 Chevrolet driven by Nicholas Stanley, 33, of Turlock.
The Buick then hit a 2014 GMC driven by Verducci, who was driving behind the Chevrolet.
The impact of the collision sent the Buick into the south shoulder of the road and burst into flames.
The Buick driver was killed in the accident.
Verducci was rushed to Memorial Medical Center with major injuries.
Stanley was unhurt.
The police are investigating the cause of the accident.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in the accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.