Victorville, California – A 16-year-old boy was seriously injured in a bicycle accident in Victorville on Friday afternoon.
According to the California Highway Patrol, the accident happened at the intersection of Bear Valley Road and Eleventh Avenue at about 6:54 p.m. May 22.
The boy was riding a bicycle on the roadway when he was struck by a Toyota minivan.
Emergency crews who responded to the incident found the minivan stopped in the westbound lanes and a bicycle under the minivan.
The boy was airlifted to Loma Linda University Medical Center by Mercy Air 22.
The driver of the minivan remained at the scene and cooperated with the authorities.
An investigation into the accident is ongoing.
Anyone with information about the accident is underway.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in the accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.