Newberry Springs, California – 47-year-old Virginio Ponce and 58-year-old Russel Ambrose were killed in a car accident at an intersection in Newberry Springs near Barstow in San Bernardino on Saturday morning, the California Highway Patrol reported.
The fatal car crash happened at the intersection of Fairview Road and Harvard Road at about 10:47 a.m. April 25.
A Jeep Wrangler driven by Ambrose was traveling eastbound on Fairview Road when it collided with a Polaris Ranger that was traveling southbound on Harvard Road.
Ponce, a Newberry Springs man who was in the front passenger seat of the Razor, was killed in the accident.
Ambrose was seriously injured in the accident and was flown to St. Mary Medical Center where he died while undergoing treatment.
No additional information was provided.
The CHP’s Barstow office is investigating the cause of the accident.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in the accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.