Cajon Pass, California – Four people including two Victorville girls were injured in a traffic collision in Cajon Pass on Thursday morning.
The California Highway Patrol said the accident happened at about 5:15 a.m. April 16, on the 15 Freeway near Oak Hill Road.
25-year-old Christian Martinez of Moreno Valley was driving his Toyota Prius northbound on the Freeway when he was rear-ended by a 2017 Red Ford Mustang driven by 18-year-old Daniel Castellaw of Apple Valley.
The impact of the collision sent both cars off the roadway and down an embankment.
Castellaw and two 16-year-old girls in his car suffered major injuries and were transported to the hospital for treatment.
Martinez was hospitalized with minor injuries.
No additional information was provided.
The CHP is investigating the cause of the accident.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in the accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.