Red Bluff, California – A man was seriously injured in a collision between a car and a big rig in Red Bluff on Sunday night.
According to a report by the California Highway Patrol, the accident happened on Interstate 5 Freeway near Flores Avenue at about 8:30 p.m. April 5.
The authorities said a big rig was traveling southbound on the roadway when it hit a cow. The impact sent the big rig across the center median and into the opposite lanes where it collided with a northbound car driven by 45-year-old Trenton Morriseau of Cottonwood.
Mr. Morriseau suffered serious injuries in the accident and was transported to the hospital for treatment.
The truck driver sustained minor injuries in the accident.
No additional information was provided.
An investigation into the accident is ongoing.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in the accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.