A young Palestinian who was shot by Israeli soldiers in the occupied West Bank early last month has succumbed to his wounds.
The Israeli military forces opened fire at a group of protesters who were opposing the encroachment of the occupied West Bank by Israeli settlers on March 11.
The Palestinian health ministry said the man, who has since been identified as 22-year-old, sustained a gunshot wound and was taken to local hospitals for treatment. He underwent multiple surgeries before going into a coma. Sadly, he was pronounced on Wednesday, April 1.
The Israeli military had said that its soldiers were responding to a “violent riot” of some 500 Palestinians. In a statement, the military said the demonstrators were hurling rocks at the troops.