Victorville, California – A bicyclist was seriously injured in an accident that happened on Friday night in Victorville.
According to reports by Victorville Fire Department and Victorville Police Department, the accident happened at about 7:24 p.m. March 27, in the area of Hesperia Road and Green Tree Boulevard.
The bicyclist is reported to have been struck by a 2008 Pontiac G8 on the roadway for unknown reasons.
The paramedics who responded to the incident found the bicyclist down on the roadway.
The unidentified man was taken to Desert Valley Hospital before being flown to a trauma center with serious injuries.
The uninjured driver of the car remained at the scene and cooperated with the authorities.
The vehicle sustained major damage to the front passenger-side windshield and headlight.
The accident resulted in the temporary closure of Hesperia Road as the authorities examined the scene.
No additional information was provided.
An investigation into the accident is ongoing.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in the accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.