San Francisco, California – Two women were struck and injured by a vehicle while crossing a street in the Tenderloin neighborhood in San Francisco Tuesday morning, a local news source reported.
The pedestrian accident took place at around at about 6:16 a.m. March 3, at the intersection of Turk and Hyde streets.
According to the local news report, the women were walking across the street in a crosswalk when they were struck by a vehicle of unspecified built and type.
The women, ages 55 and 70, were taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Their names and current conditions were not immediately disclosed.
The driver involved did stop to rendered aid to the victims and sped off southbound on Hyde Street. Authorities are looking for the hit-and-run motorist.
Further details about the crash were not immediately provided.
An investigation into the accident is ongoing.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in the accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.