Oceanside, California – Six people were injured in a multi-vehicle collision at an intersection in Oceanside on Saturday night.
The accident happened at about 10 p.m. February 29, on El Camino Real at Fire Mountain Road.
Officers from the Oceanside Fire Department said three vehicles were involved in the crash. The manner in which the accident happened was not immediately established.
One person was seriously injured in the accident and was flown to Scripps La Jolla Hospital. Another trauma patient was taken to Palomar Medical Center.
Two other people who suffered minor injuries were taken to Tri-City Hospital and Scripps Encinitas Hospital.
The California Highway Patrol and the Oceanside Police Department is investigating the cause of the accident.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in the accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.