Modesto, California (February 16, 2020) – Modesto police are investigating a fatal pedestrian accident that killed a man in Modesto on Saturday night.
36-year-old Psyoth Sao was walking in the area of Coffee Road and Ensenada Drive at about 9:30 p.m. February 15, when he was hit by a car.
Mr. Sao was pronounced dead at the scene.
The California Highway Patrol said the motorist, identified only as Larry Lindsey of Riverside, remained at the scene and was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
Anyone with information about the accident is asked to call Officer Randy Radeuchel of Modesto PD at 209-572-9592.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in the accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and try not to panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact before you discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.