Eight Indian Tourists Die of Suffocation at a Hotel in Nepal

Police Say Victims Used Gas Heater in To Keep Warm

0
237

Eight Indian tourists died of suspected suffocation at a room in a hotel in Nepal.

The police said the eight were found unconscious in one room at a hotel in Daman, about 55 kilometers (34 miles) from Kathmandu.

The resort, which is located in Makwanpur district, is a popular tourist destination and is known for its panoramic views of the Himalayas.

The authorities said the victims, two couples and their four children, are suspected of having used a gas heater in their room to keep warm.

They were rushed to an area hospital where they were pronounced dead on arrival.