A new lawsuit was filed on Tuesday in a Manhattan court in New York State, accusing Jeffrey Epstein of sexual abuse.
The lawsuit was filed by nine women who claim Epstein abused them sexually between 1985 and 2007. The accusers are listed as Jane Doe I through to Jane Doe IX.
Their claim is against Epstein’s estate executors Darren Indyke and Richard Kahn.
The lawsuit increases the number of women accusing Epstein of sexual abuse to more than 20, all of who are seeking compensation from Epstein’s $577 million estate.
The millionaire died August 10 while awaiting trial on unrelated charges in a Manhattan prison. His death was ruled as suicide.
Jordan Merson, the lawyer representing the nine women, said the clients felt better filing the lawsuit together. He said they were all part of the same scheme and have the right to file together.
One of the women claims she was abused by Epstein in 1985 when she was 23 years old and another 1990 when she was 13 years old. The other seven say he abused them between 2000 and 2007.
Epstein’s estate executors last month asked a judge to establish a victim’s compensation fund that would allow Epstein’s accusers to proceed with “a confidential, non-adversarial alternative to litigation.”