At least 16 people have been killed in the past three days in two air attacks in Southern Libya. The majority of those killed in the attacks were children.
The government blamed the attacks of fighters loyal to renegade military commander Khalifa Haftar.
The country was split into two factions after the death of Muammar Gaddafi in 2011. Government of National Accord (GNA) is led by Prime Minister Fayez al-Sarraj while Haftar heads the House of Representatives.
The GNA said Sunday’s raid happened in the residential area of al-Swani in Libyan Capital Tripoli. Five children were killed and 10 others were wounded.
Another nine children and two women were reportedly killed in another drone attack in the town of Murzuq.
The GNA, which is the United Nations-recognized government, said “These actions are tantamount to war crimes,”
GNA has previously blamed the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for supporting rebel forces. However, the UAE has denied the accusations.